Te Huarahi Tika Group includes the Trust and its Electoral College as well as the Hautaki Trust and Hautaki Limited. The relationship between these entities is illustrated in the following figure.
- Hautaki – Te Huarahi Tika established Hautaki Limited, the corporate trustee of the Te Huarahi Tika Trust’s commercial arm, Hautaki Trust. The commercial objectives of Hautaki are to meet and fund the purposes of the Te Huarahi Tika Trust.
- Electoral College – The Electoral College brings together representatives from te ao Maori to recruit and appoint the Te Huarahi Tika Trust trustees. The College is currently chaired by Piripi Walker.
The current membership includes:
- Te Tau Ihu o Nga Wananga – Piripi Walker
- New Zealand Maori Council – Willie Jackson
- Maori Woman’s Welfare League – vacancy
- Te Kohanga Reo National Trust – Dame Iritana Tawhiwhirangi
- New Zealand Maori Congress – Tuwhakairiroa Williams; and
- Te Runanganui of Nga Kura Kaupapa – Anahera Bowen
For more information on the role of the Electoral College, please see the Trust Deed – Schedule II.